Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Ray.


I don't update this blog as much as I would like to. But I try to make it relevant. So, while Banco's album is in the air, I wanted to share another loss, one that touches me particularly as I have been living with his music as a huge influence for most of my life. We lost Ray Manzarek, the guy who gave The Doors this incredible vibe, playing both keys and bass (actually, bass on keyboards). 
I don't want to turn this blog into a graveyard, only talking about dead people... but, well, most of the musicians I admire are dead. I'm quite satisfied with the treatment Manzarek's death is having over the web right now, as every newspaper is paying its tribute. 

To remember the genius of this man, here's a playlist made by Rolling Stone. And the statement published by Wax Poetics. Among countless tributes. 

No comments: