Saturday, April 21, 2012

Prince Paul vs. the world.

I may confess that I've been talking a lot about hip hop lately. Don't worry, soon enough I'll be back with some global grooves anc eclectic stuff. 
But for now, still some hip hop, as I'm directing you to a mix by French DJ's Bachir & Slurg starring the one and only (and sometimes eccentric) Prince Paul (tracklisting available here). 

To me, this guy embodies creative freedom. He took strange directions, built unconventional combinations. I got introduced to Prince Paul with the Gravediggaz albums, but back in those days I was all about The Rza. Then, I particularly enjoyed Paul's work alongside Dan The Automator in the project Handsome Boy Modeling School, which was mind-blowing to the younger version of myself who discovered the first album of the duo more than a decade ago. A guy with such connections shouldn't be underestimated. 

Paul Huston rules. 

No comments: