Friday, February 17, 2012

MAW.


Whenever I think about the Masters At Work, this logo automatically pops in my mind. That's the first effect of the MAW, they branded everything : their sound, their image, their attitude... Louie Vega and Kenny Gonzales are music and marketing geniuses. 

I've been a fan of the MAW and their various aliases as solo acts or as a group since the early 1990's. I even attended a Kenny Dope's set a few years back. With their ability to mix everything from bossa nova, to house music, rap, and their own nuyorican soul, these guys can be considered the masters of the spinning science. I mean, who's better ?

Despite developping solo projects, they somehow managed to reunite for an incredible 3-hour mix in San Francisco. This is streamable in three parts on the Red Bull Music Academy website. 
Now you can pretend you're behind your computer, mixing for your friends and be idolised by the girls.   

No comments: